Loctio a deep-tech newly established VC-backed startup steered by a fellowship of wireless & GNSS industry pioneers is looking for an enthusiastic, ambitious, and GNSS-savvy engineer.
Location: Vacancy could be partially or fully remote depending on the candidate’s profile and experience nevertheless applicants with residency in Athens-GR, Patras-GR or Barcelona-ES will gain extra points.
Role: This vacancy is an exciting opportunity for ambitious, self-motivated and independent GNSS talented engineers to be indispensable members of a startup in the making. Join us in our mission to disrupt the positioning estimation technologies by taking on one of the most intriguing domains – the DSP part. You will be working side-by-side with a team of subject-matter experts and reporting directly to the PM in a horizontally fashioned organogram.
We Offer: A very competitive salary alongside perks and stock options – all of them adjusted according the seniority of the candidate and his/her profile-position fit.
- Research and development of optimized algorithms for processing GNSS signals in an SDR environment.
- Research and development on advanced functionalities for GNSS receivers, such as anti-spoofing and multi-antenna algorithms, and on positioning with other wireless technologies
- Research and development on multi-constellation GNSS positioning algorithms.
- Assess key performance indicators and perform statistical analyses to benchmark different algorithms.
- Define, develop, test and document Matlab based models
- Partner with other embedded systems engineers, analog/RF IC designers, digital designers, firmware, Cloud and DevOps engineers to derive, simulate, implement, verify and test bleeding edge GNSS and positioning products and services
Sought skills and expertise:
- M.Sc. or Ph.D. in electrical or telecommunications engineering. Other degrees, such as computer science, communication systems, physics, surveying engineering or geoinformatics can be considered if they are complemented with the adequate experience.
- At least 2 years of hands-on involvement into GNSS technology, with a strong preference on GNSS signal processing or GNSS receiver development.
- Proficiency in Matlab
- A general knowledge of the operating principles of a GNSS system, of the different features of GNSS signals (GPS, Galileo, Beidou, Glonass), basic navigation algorithms and observable processing.
- Team player with the ability to work remotely within distributed teams
- Excellent English language command
Not imperative however any of the following will be highly appreciated:
- Experience on software-defined radio (SDR) implementations of receivers is a major asset for this position, in particular for processing of spread-spectrum signals
- Familiarity with devices for signal capture in SDR implementations (e.g., RTL-SDR or USRP devices)
- Familiarity with embedded systems development and other programming languages: Python, C, C#, C++ or Java
- Familiarity with common analog/RF impairments encountered in GNSS and wireless systems
- Strong foundation in physical layer functionality for wireless systems in areas such as detection/acquisition, synchronization, parameter estimation & tracking, etc.
- Experience with Android SDK and applications
- Experience with code collaboration and version control tools (e.g. GitHub, GitLab, Bitbucket).