Loctio a deep-tech newly established VC-backed startup steered by a fellowship of wireless & GNSS industry pioneers is looking for an enthusiastic, ambitious, and GNSS-savvy engineer.
Location: Vacancy could be partially or fully remote depending on the candidate’s profile and experience nevertheless applicants with residency in Athens-GR, Patras-GR or Barcelona-ES will gain extra points.
Role: This vacancy is an exciting opportunity for ambitious, self-motivated and independent GNSS talented engineers to be indispensable members of a startup in the making. Join us in our mission to disrupt the positioning estimation technologies by taking on one of the most intriguing domains – the Navigation part. You will be working side-by-side with a team of subject-matter experts and reporting directly to the PM in a horizontally fashioned organogram.
We Offer: A very competitive salary alongside perks and stock options – all of them adjusted according the seniority of the candidate and his/her profile-position fit.
- Research and development of optimized algorithms for processing GNSS observables
- Research and development on advanced functionalities for GNSS receivers, such as anti-spoofing and multi-antenna algorithms, and on positioning with other wireless technologies
- Research and development on multi-constellation GNSS positioning algorithms.
- Assess key performance indicators and perform statistical analyses to benchmark different algorithms.
- Define, develop, test and document Matlab based models
- Partner with other embedded systems engineers, analog/RF IC designers, digital designers, firmware, Cloud and DevOps engineers to derive, simulate, implement, verify and test bleeding edge GNSS and positioning products and services
Sought skills and expertise:
- M.Sc. or Ph.D. in electrical engineering, surveying engineering, geoinformatics, computer science, communication systems, or equivalent education/work experience
- At least 3 years of hands-on involvement into GNSS technology, with a strong preference on GNSS receiver development.
- Proficiency in Matlab
- Advanced knowledge of the operating principles of a GNSS system, of the different features of GNSS signals (GPS, Galileo, Beidou, Glonass), and of navigation algorithms and observable processing.
- Advanced knowledge of assisted-GNSS concepts
- Team player with the ability to work remotely within distributed teams
- Excellent English language command
Not imperative however any of the following will be highly appreciated:
- Familiarity with embedded systems development and other programming languages: Python, C, C#, C++ or Java
- Involvement into either SUPL client or server development
- Hands-on experience in GNSS simulation or HIL emulation environments
- Familiarity with common analog/RF impairments encountered in GNSS and wireless systems
- Familiarity with other lab equipment such as oscilloscopes, multimeters, spectrum analyzers, signal generators, etc.
- Experience with Android SDK and applications
- Experience with code collaboration and version control tools (e.g. GitHub, GitLab, BitBucket).