Loctio a deep-tech newly established VC-backed startup steered by a fellowship of wireless & GNSS industry pioneers is looking for an enthusiastic, ambitious, and GNSS-savvy engineer.
Location: Vacancy could be partially or fully remote depending on the candidate’s profile and experience nevertheless applicants with residency in Athens-GR, Patras-GR or Barcelona-ES will gain extra points.
Role: This vacancy is an exciting opportunity for ambitious, self-motivated and independent GNSS talented engineers to be indispensable members of a startup in the making. Join us in our mission to disrupt the positioning estimation technologies by taking on one of the most intriguing domains – the Navigation part. You will be working side-by-side with a team of subject-matter experts and reporting directly to the PM in a horizontally fashioned organogram.
We Offer: A very competitive salary alongside perks – all of them adjusted according the seniority of the candidate and his/her profile-position fit.
What you will do
You will work in a dynamic team of software, hardware, and GNSS engineers and you will contribute on our innovatibe positioning services participating actively in
- Research and development of optimized algorithms for processing GNSS observables
- Research and development on advanced functionalities for GNSS receivers, such as anti-spoofing and multi-antenna algorithms, and on positioning with other wireless technologies
- Research and development on multi-constellation GNSS positioning algorithms
- Define, develop, test and document Matlab based models
In 2 weeks
In 2 months
From 4 months onward
|You will get an overview of the deployed technology and the observation-processing techniques.||You will be familiar with the innovative observation-processing algorithms the we use. It is likely that you will be up to speed and make your own suggestions for improving used algorithms or deploying new approaches.||You will be one of the main contributors on our next-generation advanced algorithms for solving navigation equations.|
As a subject matter expert, and despite having regular meetings, we expect some autonomy in your day-to-day work.
Sought skills and expertise
- M.Sc. or Ph.D. in electrical engineering, surveying engineering, geoinformatics, computer science, communication systems, or equivalent education/work experience
- At least 3 years of hands-on involvement into GNSS technology, with a strong preference on GNSS receiver development
- Ability to encode algorithms in software using any programming language (e.g., Python, Matlab)
- Advanced knowledge of the operating principles of a GNSS system, of the different features of GNSS signals (GPS, Galileo, Beidou, Glonass), and of navigation algorithms and observable processing
- Advanced knowledge of assisted-GNSS concepts
- Team player with the ability to work remotely within distributed teams
- Excellent English language command
Not imperative however any of the following will be highly appreciated
- Familiarity with embedded systems development and programming languages: Python, Matlab, C, C#, C++ or Java
- Involvement into either SUPL client or server development
- Hands-on experience in GNSS simulation or HIL emulation environments
- Familiarity with common analog/RF impairments encountered in GNSS and wireless systems
- Experience with code collaboration and version control tools (e.g., git)