Loctio a deep-tech newly established VC-backed startup steered by a fellowship of wireless & GNSS industry pioneers is looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious Embedded Software engineer.
Location: Vacancy could be partially remote depending on the candidate’s profile and experience nevertheless physical presence in our facilities in Athens-GR is imperatively required.
Role: This vacancy is an exciting opportunity for ambitious, self-motivated, independent and talented embedded software engineers to be indispensable members of a startup in the making. Join us in our mission to disrupt the positioning estimation technologies by taking on one of the most intriguing domains – user equipment prototyping and laboratory measurements. You will be working side-by-side with a team of subject-matter experts and reporting directly to the PM in a horizontally fashioned organogram.
We Offer: A very competitive salary alongside perks, all of them adjusted according the seniority of the candidate and his/her profile-position fit.
What you will do
You will work in a dynamic team of software, hardware and GNSS engineers and you will gain knowledge in the telecommunications and positioning fields. As an embedded software engineer you will be actively participating in
- Developing embedded firmware for prototyping and testing purposes
- Field and laboratory measurements (power consumption, positioning accuracy, etc.)
- Analyzing measurements results
- Embedded device integration into Loctio’s cloud
- Implementing new features and organizing proof of concept demos
In 2 weeks
In 2 months
From 4 months onward
|You will get an overview of the system architecture and the prototyping/measurements infrastructures.||You will be familiar with the embedded firmware and infrastructures we have implemented so far. It is likely that you will be up to speed and already contribute with great ideas and proof of concepts.||You will be one of the major contributors on the user equipment embedded software.|
Sought skills and expertise
- Degree in electrical engineering, computer science, robotics or equivalent education.
- Knowledge in embedded software development (C/C++ programming language, debugging, testing, continuous integration) as well in RTOS (Real Time Operating System).
- Experience in serial communication protocols (SPI, UART, I2C, etc.).
- Proven experience with laboratory equipment and measurements (oscilloscopes, power analyzers, power supplies, logic analyzers, etc.).
- Team player with the ability to work remotely within distributed teams.
- Excellent English language command.
Not imperative however any of the following will be highly appreciated
- Linux, scripting languages.
- Requirements management tools (e.g., Jira).
- Version control tools (e.g., Git, SVN, Perforce, etc.).
- Continuous Integration tools (e.g., Jenkins).
- PCB design.