Loctio a deep-tech newly established VC-backed startup steered by a fellowship of wireless & GNSS industry pioneers is looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious Mid-Senior Software engineer.
Location: Vacancy could be partially or fully remote depending on the candidate’s profile and experience nevertheless applicants with residency in Athens-GR, Patras-GR or Barcelona-ES will gain extra points.
Role: This vacancy is an exciting opportunity for ambitious, self-motivated and independent talented software engineers to be indispensable members of a startup in the making. Join us in our mission to disrupt the positioning estimation technologies by taking on one of the most intriguing domains – the Cloud/Edge part. You will be working side-by-side with a team of subject-matter experts and reporting directly to the PM in a horizontally fashioned organogram.
We Offer: A very competitive salary alongside perks, all of them adjusted according the seniority of the candidate and his/her profile-position fit.
What you will do
You will work in a dynamic team of software and GNSS engineers and help us to improve Loctio’s cloud stack, in particular:
- Design and implement REST APIs
- Design and implement highly scalable data-intensive processing systems
- Actively participate in the design and code review process across the team
- Ensure our codebase is continuously deliverable and deployable
In 2 weeks
In 2 months
From 4 months onward
|You will get an overview of the current stack and architecture of the cloud infrastructure.||You will be familiar with the code we have implemented so far. It is likely that you will be up to speed and already contribute with great ideas and brilliant software.||You will be one of the major contributors on the new microservices architecture we’re trying to build from the ground up.|
As a mid-senior level engineer, and despite having regular meetings, we expect some autonomy in your day-to-day work.
Sought skills and expertise
- Bachelor’s degree or above in computer science or a related field
- Software engineering work experience using Python or an object-oriented language
- Experience building scalable backend services (REST APIs, microservices, designing and implementing efficient data processing algorithms, messaging paradigms, middleware, persistent store)
- Experience working with AWS or other public Cloud platforms
- Team player with the ability to work remotely within distributed teams
- At least 3-4 years of experience with deployment in large cloud-based distributed environments
- Excellent English language command
Not imperative however any of the following will be highly appreciated
- Solid knowledge of software development methodologies and best practices
- Experience with Python and Angular JS
- Experience building robust backend services and REST APIs
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases and persistence store
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, RDS, SQS, etc.)
- Experience with messaging paradigms and middleware. (SQS, JMS, etc.)
- Experience with AWS or similar distributed architecture
- Experience with code collaboration and version control tools (e.g., git)