Loctio is a deep-tech startup whose mission is to democratize IoT location-based services by catering positioning capabilities to billions of devices constrained by limited processing and power resources. Loctio aims at offering accurate, secure, trusted and ubiquitous low power positioning for both outdoor and indoor challenging environments. This is achieved by means of a breakthrough Cloud/Edge processing technology that combines signals from GNSS satellites (GPS, Galileo, Beidou,…) with LEO satellites and 5G signals. Loctio is backed by venture capital (VC) and by the European Space Agency (ESA) through the Greek Business Incubation Center (BIC).
Job description: Loctio is seeking an experienced digital signal processing (DSP) engineer to join the team that is currently responsible for the development of the company’s core Cloud/Edge positioning algorithms. The candidate will be working side-by-side with talented and subject-matter experts, developing cutting-edge software algorithms for GNSS, LEO, and 5G signal processing as well as reporting directly to the PM in a horizontally fashioned organogram.
We offer: A very competitive salary alongside perks and stock options – all of them adjusted according to the seniority of the candidate and his/her profile-position fit.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Develop GNSS signal processing algorithms for ultra-low positioning, combating spoofing attacks, exploiting the use of multi-antennas at the user terminal, providing multi-constellation and multi-frequency positioning, and/or taking advantage of LEO and 5G signals to assist the GNSS positioning engine.
- Implement the developed algorithms in Matlab/C/C++ for their integration into the cloud/edge positioning platform.
- Assess key performance indicators and perform statistical analyses to benchmark different algorithm implementations and/or optimizations.
In 2 weeks
You will get an overview of the system architecture and Loctio‘s DSP algorithms.
In 2 months
You will be familiar with the DSP algorithms and the positioning platform implemented so far.
From 4 months onward
You will be contributing with brilliant new DSP algorithms and improvements to the DSP algorithms implemented so far, thus becoming a key member of the team.
SOUGHT SKILLS AND EXPERTISE
- M.Sc. or Ph.D. in electrical or telecommunications engineering. Other degrees, such as computer science, physics, surveying engineering or geoinformatics can be considered if complemented with adequate experience.
- At least 2 years of hands-on involvement into GNSS technology at signal processing or receiver level.
- Solid experience in DSP algorithm design including coding and simulation in Matlab.
- Knowledge in embedded software development (C/C++ programming, debugging, testing, continuous integration).
Not mandatory but valued
- Experience using software-defined radio (SDR) devices such as RTL-SDR or USRP.
- Familiar with common analog/RF impairments encountered in GNSS or wireless receivers in general.
- Strong foundation in physical layer functionality for wireless systems in areas such as detection/acquisition, synchronization, parameter estimation & tracking, etc.
- Experience with version control tools (e.g. Git, SVN, Perforce, etc.) and requirements management tools (e.g. Jira).
The vacancy could be partially or fully remote depending on the candidate’s profile and experience. Physical presence, when required, can take place at either the company offices in Athens-GR, Patras-GR, or Barcelona-ES.